mplayer-os2@mplayerhq.hu

Re: [Mplayer-os2] MPLAYER OS/2 PORT Dave Yeo Fri Oct 09 17:01:00 2009

On 10/09/09 08:01 am, Greg wrote:
Dave,

Thank you for your speedy reply!

Here are the error messages:

 libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
 libdvdread: Could not open Z: with libdvdcss.
 libdvdread: Can't open Z: for reading
 libdvdread: Device (null) inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.
 libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
 libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
 libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
 Can't open VMG info!
 No stream found to handle url dvd://1

Well it looks simply like MPlayer can't open Z: for some strange reason, I guess related to being loaded with RSJ.

Regarding RSJ... I may be wrong but, OS/2 won't "see" a DVDRW device as an
ordinary CD. Therefore, I use RSJ. I do remember reading something about getting
OS/2 to see the DVDRW device by using certain parameters on DANIATAPI but, I
haven't investigated this too closely.

OS/2 doesn't have any problem seeing my DVDRW. What version of OS/2 are you using?
Anyways here's my config.sys entries with notes
basedev daniS506.add
basedev=OS2DASD.DMD
BASEDEV=OS2LVM.DMD
REM basedev=DANIDASD.DMD (this was from before I added LVM support.)
device=E:\OS2\BOOT\JJSCDROM.DMD /V /FC+ /FX+ /FM+ (http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/drivers/cdrom/jjscdrom_20030328.zip, might need different parameters or probably none.)
rem DEVICE=E:\OS2|BOOT\OS2CDROM.DMD (from before installing JJSCDROM)
IFS=E:\OS2|BOOT\UDF.IFS
IFS=E:\OS2|BOOT\CDFS.IFS /v /w
device=E:\OS2\MDOS\VCDROM.SYS
BASEDEV=DANIATAPI.FLT
BASEDDEV=OS2ASPI.DMD /ALL (this and following lines so that the DVDRW is seen as a SCSI device for certain programs like cdrecord.
DEVICE=E:\os2\system\aspi11b6\ASPIROUT.SYS
DEVICE=e:\os2\boot\aspinkk.sys (only one of these is needed, comes with various programs like DVDAO)

note that UDF is not needed but IIRC some DVD's use it. Most use the CDFS file system. I can't remember where I found UDF but I can send it to you if you need it.

By the way, I do have dvdcss.dll in the directory for MPLAYER thanks to HOBBES.

MPlayer includes its own dvdcss.dll. WarpVision, DVDAO need it.

Dave