mplayer-users@mplayerhq.hu

Re: [MPlayer-users] libavcodec/tiff.c John Brown Mon Oct 30 06:03:59 2006

RC wrote:
On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 16:08:03 -0400
"John Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have recently discovered the existence of what appears to be a TIFF decoder in libavcodec. While I am familiar with encoding video from a sequence of JPEG images, the manual does not say anywhere that TIFF
images  may be used in this way, and my attempt to do so failed

As it should, demux_mf.c supports only jpeg png tga and sgi

Is the TIFF decoder working?

I can't say for certain, since I don't have any quicktime .mov files
around that use tiff, but I would assume so.

Like The Wanderer, I assumed that the only possible use would be with
mencoder mf://. I did not realize that there were movies with TIFF compression.

It it is, then I assume that I need a TIFF  library. Does anyone know
which library?

I'll go out on a limb and say, perhaps "libtiff" would be worth a try. However, I don't believe you need any external libs.

What else do I need to do?

Patch mf.c to add tiff support.

OK.