mplayer-users@mplayerhq.hu

Re: [MPlayer-users] Mplayer crashes when trying to play hd content on osx Dave Chand Mon Aug 31 10:01:00 2009

On Aug 22, 2009, at 4:30 AM, Lauri Hahne wrote:

Hi,

I'm having problems trying to play hd videos on osx 10.5.8. Mplayer
appears to crash when opening a window for video. This happens
irrespective of whether I use gcc-4.0 or gcc-4.2 and is easily
reproducible by downloading any 1080p Apple trailer from
hd-trailers.net.

I am having the same exact problem too, albeit different circumstances.
I am not playing HD files but regular old avi files.
I have compiled a 32bit mplayer from svn, on Snow Leopard, using
the leopard SDK included with SL.

--Dave