mplayer-users@mplayerhq.hu

Re: [MPlayer-users] Strange problem with videos having mixed stereo and 5.1 sound - slow playback Reimar Döffinger Thu Jul 15 12:00:12 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 08:29:18AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Better sample (that makes noise while changing channels) uploaded to
> incoming/ac3channelchange2.ts. Please apply if it can't be solved differently
> (-ac hwac3 still works slightly better).

I think there may be something wrong on the decoder side, according to
FFmpeg it changes for 2 channels to 6 channels, then to 2 channels and again
to 6 channels (as also visible from your output).
Maybe ask the FFmpeg developer(s) about this?
We probably should also repeat decoding the data from the channel change later
instead of just dropping it..