musicbrainz-devel@musicbrainz.org

[mb-devel] Broken error pages? (was: Is MB Down) Björn Krombholz Sat Aug 12 22:44:06 2006

On 2/26/06, joan WHITTAKER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Have been trying for about 45 minutes to get into MB, but it either tells me
> the page is not available or I have a Bad Gateway.  Is the server down?

This message reached mb-users yesterday. It reminded me of a problem I
recognized myself and that should really be fixed for the next
release:

The error pages don't work anymore. In fact I get such ("502 Proxy
Server Error" with "Bad Gateway" title) pages, in cases where some
QUERY timed out (e.g., search for track name 'is'), which is extremely
confusing for users as there's nothing wrong with any proxy server or
gateway.

We had those nice "your search timed out" pages and it must have
broken with the last release, although I couldn't find, what caused
it. On my local server I get a "500 Internal Server Error" (I'm using
the apache default error pages).

#Fuchs