musicbrainz-experts@musicbrainz.org

Re: [mb-experts] Wiki event log Don Redman Sat Aug 12 05:08:28 2006

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 16:22:58 +0100, Dave Evans wrote:

Then I think the right way to do this is to perform daily analysis of the
existing web wiki access log (it's easy to identify WikiDocs requests from the others), and dump daily anonymised aggregate stats into the FTP site (and rotate and delete those stats just like we do for the access logs themselves). Then it's up to you (or whoever wants the info) to grab it every day and do whatever you want with it. Let me know if you'd like to press ahead with this.

Not press, really. If this is not too much work, then I might be very happy about these logs if we encounter problems with WikiDocs that we do not understand.

If we never have such troubles, then I'll never need it. And if it is more than the matter of writing a simple script, then please let it be.

Sometimes it is better to ask two or three people, instead of analyzing obscure stats for hours :-).

  DonRedman

--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz documentation around! :-)