musicbrainz-users@musicbrainz.org

[mb-users] Remix question Michael Blank Sun Aug 13 05:20:18 2006

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I have <a

href="http://musicbrainz.org/album/cd20ee48-328b-4c24-8b37-2070f8a57c54.html">26
Mixes for Cash (disc 1)</a> which is a remix/compilation put together
by <a class="ArtistTitleName"

href="http://musicbrainz.org/artist/f22942a1-6f70-4f48-866e-238cb2308fbd.html">Aphex
Twin</a><a class="ArtistTitleName"

href="http://musicbrainz.org/artist/f22942a1-6f70-4f48-866e-238cb2308fbd.html">&#8206;</a>
but each track has the original artist in the track artist field. How
should we actually handle this? I tried looking at the Wiki and it
seams clear about how to name the track, but not about which artist to
attribute it to.<br>
Can anyone advise me on what is the preferred way to handle this? I
can't find anything that seems definitive in the Wiki either way as the
examples under&nbsp;<a

href="http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/RemixerRelationshipType">RemixerRelationshipType</a>
don't show which artist is attached to the track.&nbsp; As a matter of fact,
an Aphex Twin track is listed there, but all it says is:<br>
"The track&nbsp;<a class="external"
 href="http://musicbrainz.org/track/e8b6b62c-51b2-493a-9138-4a837f574056.html">
Let My Fish Loose (Aphex Twin mix)</a> was remixed by&nbsp;<a
 class="external"
 href="http://musicbrainz.org/artist/f22942a1-6f70-4f48-866e-238cb2308fbd.html">
Aphex Twin</a>." The link it goes to does have the original artist as
the artist, but it is not outlined on the Wiki page, so I am not sure
if that is the intention of the Artist part of it. <br>
Michael Blank<br>