musicbrainz-users@musicbrainz.org

[mb-users] unclear collaborations Mika Heiska Fri Sep 01 00:36:58 2006

If the depth of collaboration is unclear after reading the liners, and hours and hours of research don't give answer to the question either, which would be the preferred way to enter various artists albums such as these examples.

Various Artists album with a collaboration artist as trackartist[1], or a single artist album under collaboration artist[2]?

This kind of problem is too often found in game music, and as I have been fixing/planning to fix some of the more erroneous ones lately, I'd like to know which would be the way to go before I make more mods in cases like this.

[1]http://musicbrainz.org/album/525cc59e-4b95-45f0-bdb7-6758483ad302.html
[2]http://musicbrainz.org/album/f0c8c929-06e5-4c21-a565-96159e108bed.html

~Kilu