mythtv-dev@mythtv.org

Re: [mythtv] [0.25] SIGSEGV when EIT updating DB and channel change (sometimes empty file) Angela Schmid Fri Apr 06 02:00:20 2012

> change for a recording and a running (or maybe just ending) EIT update to the
> DB I get a SIGSEGV, almost every
> second day. Twice I saw empty files created prior the crash of mythbackend.
> >> Got a chance to look over the back trace and it's definitely a bug in
> >> our code--the EIT scanner is not being shut down properly and is trying
> >> to change channel on a null TVRec.  It may be related to
> >> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10016 , but at this point it makes
> >> sense to just create a new ticket for it.  Please attach your log file
> >> and back trace to the ticket (or let me know if it refuses to let you
> >> due to the spam filter--which might not be working properly after the
> >> move to the new server--and I can upload them for you).
> > Great. Both logs uploaded successfully, had to unzip gdb.txt.zip to gdb.txt.
> >
> > http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10541
>
> Looks good, thanks.  Unzipped is easier, anyway, since we can look at
> the backtrace directly on trac without having to download and unzip the
> file to a local system.
>
> Mike

Thanks Angela for pointing to the interference with EIT.
This problem made me crazy and I spent a lot of time. I don't know how many
times I upgraded, reconfigured cards and channels.
When I added EIT debugging, since the last two days, I had the same output to
confirm this problem. I had six crashes since, every
time when a new bulk of EIT data is processed and a recording starts.
Hope this gets fixed soon as the 0.25 is planned for the 9th and many will be
disappointed when Myth crashes and producing empty
recordings.

Silvio