mythtv-dev@mythtv.org

Re: [mythtv] MythTV 0.26, XVideo, and OpenGL Daniel Kristjansson Wed Apr 11 08:00:09 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 23:08 +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 11 April 2012 22:27, Daniel Kristjansson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Not in 0.26. I did some testing and the OpenGL video
> > renderers are just too demanding to run acceptably
> > on graphics cards released just last year.
>
> What graphic cards have you tried for which OpenGL was too demanding?
>
> even the Intel HD3000 has no issue handling OpenGL ; I can't think of
> a lower spec graphic card.

NVS 3100M -- http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvs_techspecs.html

It's a lower end laptop chip but it was in a new laptop I bought
just last year. It was close enough that maybe some optimization
might make it work, but it wasn't up to the job as is.

-- Daniel