mythtv-users@mythtv.org

Re: [mythtv-users] Video Playback Issues Paulin Tue Feb 21 20:00:47 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Michael Watson <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 22/02/2012 2:37 PM, Paulin wrote:
> >

> > The sound is going through a stereo and not the display.
> >
> > The card was new and not a second hand.
> >
> > And when the picture comes back it comes back in blocks.  Basically it
> > comes back as something on the screen changes (the small areas that
> > get updated for the motion of the picture.
> Doesnt sound like display issue, but could still be a fault with new
> card.  Is the card running hot (does nvidia-settings show the core temp
> for this card?  Is it running hot).  Sounds like the card is not keeping
> up, or running slow.  You could try resetting the settings in
> nvidia-settings.
>

> > Steve

Both types.  Noticed it with download video and recorded.

Card is staying steady on temp (~54).

I'll try resetting the NVidia settings tomorrow.  The cards only a week old
so maybe I'll trade it in and see if that fixes the issue.

steve