mythtv-users@mythtv.org

Re: [mythtv-users] Keyframe identification in cutlist editor Mike Perkins Wed Feb 22 07:01:45 2012

On 22/02/12 13:42, Richard Morton wrote:
> I would suggest that in that case avidemux isn't handling it correctly...
>
> All the information is present to not cause artifacts when cuting at non
> key frame locations otherwise the tv could not render it.

That's the point, isn't it? If you make your start point /after/ a keyframe,
the
TV /can't/ render what it doesn't know about. Only the keyframe has a full
frame
of data to be able to render the screen; all other frame types are difference
types.

If you're saying that avidemux should be able to keep a full screen buffer
available while it interpolates intermediate frames, I couldn't say. I don't
know enough about how that program works, I just go by the results I see on
screen.

--

Mike Perkins