mythtv-users@mythtv.org

Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend for Android released on Market Glenn Sommer Thu Feb 23 11:01:32 2012

On 23 February 2012 19:33, Raymond Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2/23/2012 11:04, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM, - -<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>>> I have yesterday released the first version of my hobby-project, a mythtv
>>> frontend for Android.
>>>
>>> It uses protocol version 56 (mythtv 0.23).
>> Which means it won't work with 0.24 or 0.25 backends, correct?
>
> It also means it won't work on properly maintained 0.23 backends
> either.  The fixes/0.23 branch received a bugfix, correcting the backend
> protocol to resolve some issues that would prevent deletion of files
> under certain circumstances, incurring a version bump to 23056.  While
> this is a trivial change that likely requires only the change of one
> string and a recompile, it does segregate the available market against
> an app designed only for a single protocol version, and the selection of
> the old protocol means it will be incompatible with the bulk of 0.23
> users' systems.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Myth_Protocol#List_of_proto_bumps

Having a good frontend on Android would make tablets A LOT more usefull! :D
Currently we have the option to stream by upnp - which isn't really
that usefull anyway...

Make this OpenSource, and I could imagine a lot of other people would
be happy to work on this project!