mythtv-users@mythtv.org

Re: [mythtv-users] Am I cable card ready? Nicolas Riendeau Mon Apr 02 17:00:33 2012

Hi!

On 4/2/2012 7:21 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
Well the Comcast installers just left and they installed a Cisco
RNG100 which apparently is a CableCard based STB. So I'm thinking I
should just be able to buy a HDHR Prime, pop the card in, and be good
to go!

Any gotcha's I should be worried about?

I don't use cable but, AFAIK, the cable card is binded/paired to the device it was put in (in this case your STB) and can't be unbinded/unpaired without the help of your cable provider.

Have a nice day!

Nick