mythtv-users@mythtv.org

Re: [mythtv-users] Coincidentally broken tuner or something else? Michael T. Dean Sat Apr 07 08:03:11 2012

On 04/07/2012 10:20 AM, Raymond Norton wrote:
I am running .24 on a Zotac box with an HVR-1950 usb tuner on Linux Mint 12. This setup has been pretty rock solid, but is not working well today.

The other day I upgraded all packages via apt. After that I started getting errors in Mythbackend, saying files should be local, but can't be found. Researching the error, I found it was related to the tuner. I set the capture cards up again and it seemed to be working, but today I am finding it will only tune to very few channels. The rest I get no lock, or partial locks, with myth popups telling me it should have locked in by now.

The tuner has two sides, but I have only configured digital to tune in HD over the air

Can anything in myth affect how the tuner works, or am I dealing with a failing tuner. Is there a way of testing what might be the problem?

Sounds like broken input connections. I'd recommend: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

Mike