nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com

[Nighthawk Lovers] Re: 1985 Nighthawk 450 Headlight Upgrade stanley/ Randolph Mon Dec 29 12:00:54 2008

On EBay, there are several persons that sell an upgrade for Nighthawks - 450
and up - but they also fit my 250.  I can't remember which I bought from, but
it was only around $20.

Stanley

________________________________
From: jwimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 12:05:38 PM
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] 1985 Nighthawk 450 Headlight Upgrade

Hello all,

I have a 1985 Nighthawk 450.  I purchased the bike a little over a
year ago and have completely resotred it.  I have put about 3500 miles
on it now and am loving it.  The only issue I have is the headlight
isn't very bright (compared to my friends motorcycles).  Is there a
kit available to convert the old sealed beam head light to a newer
Halogen bulb?
My headlight is all one piece and that the bulb actually has the
adjuster and pivot tabs welded to it, so I can't just drop in a car
headlight, as one of my freinds did with his older Kawasaki.  I have
seen complete headlight bucket assemblies that hold the newer bulbs
available online that sell for about $75.  I was hoping that there was
a retro-fit bulb assembly as to keep the original bucket intact.
Another friend of mine has a Vetter Fairing on his CX500 and it has a
Halogen conversion bulb housing/headlight in it.  It just fits in like
the stock sealed beam and was made in Germany.  I am hoping that there
is a similar item for mine.

The other side of this is that I am worried that a stock replacement
bulb will be costly and if I end up needing one, it might be more
economical to do the upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy