nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com

RE: [Nighthawk Lovers] Hybrid Bikes (side tangent) [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sun Feb 19 16:00:31 2012

Thank you for the numbers break down. As much as i want one i still dont have a
place to put it or charge it, but i still want one

---Original Message---
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 2/19/2012 7:31 pm
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Hybrid Bikes (side tangent)

Well, 70 miles on $3.29 worth of gas is 4.7c per mile. The 6kWh battery
pack of an Empulse 6.0 would cost ME $0.45, so 60 miles on $0.45 of
electricity for .75c per mile.

I will travel an average of 28 miles per day, if you count the days I don't
ride, for a calculated total of 10220 miles per year. @ $3.29 gas and 70mpg
I will use 146 gallons of gasoline and $480.34. With the electric bike and
power prices of $0.15/kWh and 60 miles per charge I will consume 170 charge
cycles and $153.3.

Comparing NEW to NEW, brand new MSRP on a Ninja 250r is $4200. MSRP on the
Empulse is $9995 (unsubsidized). With the spread, it would take 16 years to
pay it back on static prices for fuel and electricity (disregarding oil,
filters and such for engine maintenance). If you take the federal and state
subsidies, the Empulse comes down to ~$7k, which cuts that "payback" in
half.

You'd have to be in it for the long haul to save *money*, I agree. It'd
still be worth it to me to not have to stop and fill up on my commuter duty
bike. :p

-Kurt