[nunit-discuss] Eliminating Special Settings in the Test Config File Charlie Poole Wed Feb 01 12:00:38 2012

Hi All,

The test config file can have a special NUnit section, which I'm thinking
of removing it. I suspect it isn't used much, but I'd like to hear from those
who use it before I take action.

The following can be set in the NUnit section:

* OldStyleTestCases - to enable recognition of methods starting with 'Test'
* ApartmentState - default apartment state for the test thread
* ThreadPriority - priority for the test thread
* DefaultLogThreshold - What level of logging (currently log4net only) to
  display in the Gui.

If you rely on any of these, please let me know which ones and whether you
could do without them or would need to have some alternative method to
specify the settings.

All of these will be removed in NUnit 3.0 but I'll remove them early (2.6)
if they are not being used.

Charlie