openbd@googlegroups.com

[OpenBD] Variables not resetting on each request Ben Mon Apr 02 15:01:58 2012

So, I have an interesting case that needs some external thought.  I've
created a "framework" that handles all of my security as well as combining
the page that is requested into a template file.  I've made this into a cfc
that is loaded into the Application Scope.  In my OnRequest function, I
call another function of my framework that loads any external files, the
requested file, and then the template file where everything gets combined.
 This has been working great, but then I realized that if I set a new
variable on one page I can output it on another page even though I haven't
declare it on the second page.  For example:

index.cfm:
<cfset Tempvar = 'Whatup'>

about.cfm
<cfoutput>#Tempvar#</cfoutput>

On the about I get Whatup even though I haven't declared the Tempvar on the
about.cfm page.  It appears like it is caching the variable somewhere.  I
have debugging turned on and if I search the debugging output for Tempvar
there is nothing.  I'm not sure how or where it is caching this.  Any
ideas?  Is this because I am loading the page through a function that is
stored in the application scope?

Thanks!

--
online documentation: http://openbd.org/manual/