phoenix-iphone-developer-group@googlegroups.com

[Pi] Re: grabbing an image from the camera Bradley S. O'Hearne Sat Sep 26 12:00:20 2009

Erick,

Yep, that's what I suspected. Continuous GPS (such as with a cycling
computer) seems to be the most problematic use-case for lack of
background processing. Present apps which use continuous GPS generally
deal with the issue by leaving the app running, but dropping the
display brightness to conserve battery life. That combined with a
device case that has an auxiliary built-in battery is probably the
best solution for the moment.

Regards,

Brad

Brad O'Hearne