plugins@lists.slimdevices.com

Re: [SlimDevices: Plugins] problems with Information Screen / Mail plugin erland Sat Aug 21 09:00:06 2010

squeeze_paul;570796 Wrote:

> In the Information Screen settings under "Various Settings" I set
> "Screen configuration directory" to
> "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Mail/Screens"
> and "Screen templates directory" to
> "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Mail/ScreenTemplates".
>
> Is this correct, or should these be newly created directories?

This is incorrect, you should point these settings to two empty
directory somewhere outside the plugin installation directory.

squeeze_paul;570796 Wrote:

> Under "Manage Screens" I selected under "Default / New Mail" customized
> and selected to display "play,idle,off,alarm".
>
> Did I miss something, or did I make a mistake in the configuration?

I'm guessing you have configured Information Screen as a screen saver
on the Controller ? If not, you will have to do that.
If it isn't available, you will have to goto Settings/Advanced/Applet
Installer on your controller and install the "Information Screen"
applet.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))