plugins@lists.slimdevices.com

Re: [SlimDevices: Plugins] Android and Vortexbox... garym Sun Feb 19 08:00:04 2012

discreplaybosss;691354 Wrote:
> Hi all. I'm trying to be able to check my list of albums and artists on
> my Vortexbox NAS from my Android phone (Galaxy Nexus) when I am out
> shopping, because I can't always remember everything that is on there.
> I don't need to be able to listen to it, just see if I have it.
>
> Also, I really don't get what the purpose of mysqueezebox.com is,
> unless it is just for downloading apps for internet radio, last.fm,
> Spotify, etc...
>
> Thanks ind advance!!!

Can't help with first question (but will involve opening some ports on
your router I suspect).  Mysb.com is where you add apps etc. but with
your vortexbox running 24/7, you'll never need to actually use mysb.com
as your LMS server "in the cloud". You do need to enter your mysb.com
credentials in your LMS>settings>mysb.com tab.

--
garym

*Location 1:* VB Appliance 6TB (1.10) > LMS 7.7.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VB Appliance 3TB (2.0) > LMS 7.7.1 > Touch > Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.1 > SqueezePlay
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER,
or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag