poi-user@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Extra spaces when retrieving multi-formatted data Danny Mui Thu Jan 27 09:10:58 2005

part of our workaround for richtext...when you change formatting midstream that is considered excel "rich text". hssf doesn't support this so a space is provided to make a unique string.

Matthew Keene wrote:
I have found what appears to be a bug (?) in POI when
retrieving data from a cell which has a change in
formatting half way through the cell.  I have attached
a file in which the data in the fifth cell of the
second line (the value GGY_PMK_IN_ORG_PSR) has the
first half of the text in black, and the second half
of the text in brown.  When this type of formatting
change appears in a cell the cell.getStringValue()
method retrieves the text with an extra space at the
end.  Has anybody seen this behaviour ?  Is there any
way to work around it ?

http://au.movies.yahoo.com