printing@lists.apple.com

PDE memory leak Paul Wasmund Tue Sep 11 12:05:21 2007

In our PDE's Prologue function we return a CFStringRef for the title. PDE documentation says the PDE retains ownership of this string and needs to release it in the Terminate function. Our title string has a retain count of 1 in the Prologue function and is released in the Terminate function. This CFStringRef is allocated in our own allocator for leak detection purposes and when our application shuts down the title string is leaked for each time the print dialog was displayed. Further investigation show that the string has a retain count of 2 prior to our release in the Terminate function which seems incorrect is the PDE is responsible for the ownership of this string. Is the print system incorrectly retaining this string in Tiger?

Paul Wasmund