printing@lists.apple.com

Re: lab color emitted from quartz pdf context edward m taffel Wed Jan 04 17:00:26 2012

claudio,

using your method to create a lab d50 space:

1. the same lab color no longer renders correctly on display, in the desktop
icon, or in preview: the color appears as did the original in acrobat—a black;
2. in acrobat no color is rendered, whatsoever.

using chris murphy’s method to analyze the file, the requisite data is now:

                                                        Fill color space
                                                                Lab color space
                                                                        Diffuse
white point

96.419998

100.000000

82.490005
                                                                        Diffuse
black point

0.000000

0.000000

0.000000

Components range

-128.000000

128.000000

-128.000000

128.000000
                                                        Fill colorant values
                                                                0.660004
                                                                0.769547
                                                                0.414062

the emitted a* & b* values are similar to those posted by chris for the
original test file, & still unmapped.

it was worth a try! any further thoughts?

edward