puppet-users@googlegroups.com

Re: [Puppet Users] exec: How to logoutput => on_failure and get STDERR too? Felix Frank Tue Feb 21 08:01:24 2012

Hi,

On 02/14/2012 04:05 PM, Peter Valdemar Mørch wrote:
> It seems
> brittle, shell dependent, non-portable and redundant to have to put
> 2>&1 at the end of all exec commands, so I'm hoping there is a better
> way...

while I disagree as far as portability, dependability and savour are
concerned ;-) I agree that it shouldn't be needed.

I suggest you file a bug report and link it here, so that interested
parties can vote on it. Thanks!

Cheers,
Felix