puppet-users@googlegroups.com

Re: [Puppet Users] Getting started Jo Rhett Thu Apr 05 15:00:12 2012

You've probably gone about this the hard way.  It would be best to just get the
server running without passenger and learn Puppet itself.  You only need
passenger when you exceed 50-100 systems.

Anyway, to answer your questions the config.ru is available in share/puppet
(exactly where depending on your OS), and puppetmaster.conf should have been
installed when the gem/rpm was installed. But you should probably be using the
docs on www.puppetlabs.com rather than the PDF, I suspect they are kept more up
to date.

On Apr 5, 2012, at 1:42 PM, Brown, Rodrick wrote:
> I really hate poor documentation.
>
> I’m following along in PDF documentation I downloaded from the official site
> and I’m stuck after I installed rack & passenger modules from rubygems.
> I ran the passenger build script and it compiled and installed into my local
> apache httpd server successfully.
>
> Now where do I find an working example of puppetmaster.conf ?
> Which config.ru should I be coping into /usr/share/puppet/rack/puppetmasterd ?
>
> Is there a guide on generate the pem files required for use when defining the
> virtual host settings in puppetmaster?
>
> I’m almost fed-up already and I’ve not even gotten 1 agent configured to talk
> to my sever
>
> Puppet seems way too clumber some with the amount of dependencies required so
> far.
>
> I almost feel like going back to hacking on my system based on Python &
> Fabric L
>
> --RB
>
> Please visit our website for important disclaimers/disclosures regarding
> Knight’s products and services:
>
> http://knight.com/KnightEmailDisclaimer.html

Jo Rhett
Net Consonance : consonant endings by net philanthropy, open source and other
randomness