python-dev@python.org

Re: [Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: Issue #13641: Decoding functions in the base64 module now accept ASCII-only Antoine Pitrou Mon Feb 20 16:00:16 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:31:13 -0500
Terry Reedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am a little puzzled why a constant sequence of pairs is being stored
> as a mapping instead of a tuple (or list) of 2-tuples (which is compiled
> more efficiently). As near as I can tell, 'tests' and similar constructs
> later in the file are never used as mappings. Am I missing something or
> is this just the way Catalin wrote it?

This is just the way Catalin wrote it.  If the style bothers you, you
can always change it.  I don't think it makes much of a difference
either way.

(but if you really care about compilation efficiency in tests you are
probably the victim of premature optimization)

Regards

Antoine.