quantumowners@googlegroups.com

[Quantum Owners] Re: 2+2 front wiring Dave the Subbie Thu Feb 16 16:01:01 2012

I'm sure I've posted this before, but please don't wire to just one
side of the headlights, either main or dip. Sods Law states that is
the side that the bulb will go on, and the bulb will blow the fuse.
Then the flaps will go up and cover your one remaining headlight. And
it will go all dark.....!

Either run another wire and diode from the other side, or run a wire
from the output of the lighting switch (i.e. before the fuses). If
that goes dead you have no lights at all, so the flaps going up is the
least of your problems.

I'm with Jim on colour coding. Couldn't see why the electric aerial
wouldn't work on the 2+2 until I got the meter out. Both wires to the
HRW were brown. So the aerial "earth" was connected to the HRW +ve. I
believe the factory did that....!

Dave.