quantumowners@googlegroups.com

Re: [Quantum Owners] Re: Low Reading Temperature Gauge Jim Hearne Wed Mar 14 14:00:41 2012

The rectangular one should be connected to the gauge, the larger roundish one to the ecu.

Is it possible these are mis-connected ?

If you are getting these strange readings from the gauge sensor it could be why the gauge is reading low.

My guess would be that there is a dirty contact inside the sensor which is changing it's resistance once it goes past a certain temperature.
You may find that banging it on something would also change it's reading.
These sensors just have a small cylinder of semiconducting material inside, because you can't solder to it the connections are usually just made by 2 spring contact.

It's possible that on an oldish ecu that the temperature sensor would be just a cold/hot input but on the Zetec it's proper analog input.

Jim