quantumowners@googlegroups.com

[Quantum Owners] Re: Electric Windows Dave the Subbie Wed Apr 11 10:01:53 2012

So, Eddie, does yours have the gate bolts acting as hinges for the
bonnet?

For the uninitiated, mine has two domestic bolts (as fitted to your
Granny's back door, but smaller) bolted to the underside of the
bonnet, which, when extended, locate into holes in the inner wings and
act as hinges.

Removal of the bonnet is just a matter of withdrawing the bolts and
lifting it off.

To be fair, they have trapped a coil spring behind each bolt to stop
it vibrating open in use, so it's reasonably safe, but I try not to
think about it too much.

I believe it was a standard fit on the mk1s?

Dave.