quantumowners@googlegroups.com

[Quantum Owners] Re: Electric Windows Eddie Wed Apr 11 12:01:01 2012

Hi Dave

The catches for the bonett on the Mk1s were for bathroom doors!!!
There were many advantages of this. They offer much better access to
the engine bay and if you need to replace them, then even now your
local DIY store can sort you out for a matter of pence.
Now compare that to the Mk2 that uses Escort Mk2 hinges that are now
very hard to find and cost £45 each when you do. Not to worry though
as I have lots in stock.

Don't worry about the bonett hinges on the Mk1. Up to now, I have
never heard of any problems with them.

Eddie