quartz-dev@lists.apple.com

Altering colors Rick Mann Wed Jul 21 19:00:34 2010

In an app I'm currently working on, our designers have created a number of
gradients based on a basic source color (i.e. a shade of blue or yellow).
They've specified the start and end color of each gradient, making for a lot of
colors to parameterize in the app.

It occurs to me that I ought to be able to get close to their colors by using a
single color, and then applying a series of mathematical transforms on it. Are
there operations on CGColorRef to make it more or less saturated, and more or
less bright?

Is there a way to take two colors and determine the operation that would
convert one to the other?

Thanks!

--
Rick