quicktime-api@lists.apple.com

Re: Problem with CloseMovieFile [Solved]. Santhosh S Tue Dec 22 21:00:13 2009

Thanks George,

I just replaced fsCurPerm with fsRdPerm while opening the file, CloseMovieFile
is closing the file descriptor and everything seems fine.

I am opening network mounted files, that may be the reason for not closing.

Thanks,
Santhosh

On 22-Dec-2009, at 7:46 PM, George Birbilis wrote:

> >              int the_lErr = ::OpenMovieFile(&fileRef , &refId, fsCurPerm );
> >              if(the_lErr == noErr)
> >                              the_lErr = ::NewMovieFromFile(&movie, refId,
> > &resName, NULL, newMovieActive , &the_bDataChanged);
> >
> >              CloseMovieFile(refId);
>

> The CloseMovieFile should be inside the if block, try this first (that is if
> OpenMovieFile has failed for some reason, you can’t just go on and call
> CloseMovieFile, only if open had succeeded you can – so your issue might be
> with open, not close in fact)
>
> could also take a look at QTUtils sample code (available online from Apple),
> checkout the “GetMovie” function (it might be using FSSpec instead of file
> refs, but is similar code)
>
> Cheers,
> George
>
> -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
> George Birbilis ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Microsoft MVP J# 2004-2009
> Borland Spirit of Delphi 2001
> QuickTime Java ActiveX .NET Delphi
> http://zoomicon.com
> http://birbilis.spaces.live.com
> http://twitter.com/zoomicon
> http://robotics.mech.upatras.gr
> http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~robgroup
> -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-


Regards,
Santosh Shanbhag.

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to
and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its
attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe.
However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or
virus.