quicktime-api@lists.apple.com

Re: elementary stream Michael Miller Thu Feb 23 00:00:33 2012

Hi Sohrab,

I've been doing this with AVFoundation's AVAssetReader and
AVAssetReaderTrackOutput because that's the only way that's available to 64-bit
apps.  To make sure you're getting the raw frames, pass in nil for the
outputSettings dictionary in AVAssetReaderTrackOutput's initializer.  Also,
despite the warning about potentially not being suitable for realtime use, as
long as you're decoding the frames yourself, AVAssetReader is much faster than
realtime.

Hope that helps!
Michael Miller