quicktime-java@lists.apple.com

video offset Deron Kazmaier Wed Aug 19 20:01:32 2009

I want to thank everyone for suggestions on alternatives to QTJ. I'm looking into them for the next revision, but I'm _so_ close to having QTJ work I'd like to see if I can get this last issue resolved.

The issue is that the video plays offset down in current FireFox on OS X. Works ok on FireFox/Windows, IE Windows, Safari Mac. The offset is equal to the amount of fluf at the top of the window. If I hide the toolbars, no offset. More toolbars, more offset!

This is very basic usage. Basically:

videoM = Movie.fromDataRef(urlMovie, StdQTConstants.newMovieActive | StdQTConstants4.newMovieAsyncOK);
               videoQTC = QTFactory.makeQTComponent(videoM);
               videoC = videoQTC.asComponent();
               this.add(videoC);
               videoC.setBounds(x, y, w, h);
               videoC.setVisible(true);
               this.validate();
               videoM.start();

Anyone have any ideas? Some genius must know what rock to look under!

Thanks,

Deron