quicktime-users@lists.apple.com

Re: Impressive? Slava Paperno Fri Jun 27 06:01:47 2008

I had to update my Flash palyer (thanks, Colin) to see anything at all. There was no hint on the screen that my Flash 9 was a few weeks too old.

The frame quality is excellent, but on my 1.7 GHz Xeon with a cable modem connection, this movie plays at, like, 5 frames per second. My FLV movies encoded at 400 Kbps with Flash 8 Encoder always play the full 25 or 30 fps. What's the data rate here?

I'm curious about what you say re file renaming. From the source of the page, I see that a swf object is embedded. What's with JPG?

I assume this was encoded to the MP4 format with AVC / H.264 in something like Compressor or Vegas, and then imported to a Flash FLA project and published as SWF? I really want to know. I'm a little lost with this new usage of H.264 in Flash. It's not FLV anymore? I've always encoded to FLV for a Flash embed...

Also, Colin said "rename it to MOV to play in QT Player... Rename what? I can't save this movie from the browser.

Thanks,

Slava