repo-discuss@googlegroups.com

Re: Editing Usernames in Gerrit 2.1.5? Shawn Pearce Tue Oct 26 11:00:31 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 10:28, Furosh One <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm curious about the ability to change a user's name with the 2.1.5 version
> of Gerrit.

Nope, you can't change it.  The reason is we support ${username} in
ref access rules to create per-user branch names.  If the user changed
their username, they would lose access to their current branches in
any projects where they had created these types of branches.

> Any options in the UI or is this a DB change?
> If so, what would I change?

You'll need to edit the database by hand.  One way to do that is to
delete the current username for the user:

  DELETE FROM account_external_ids WHERE external_id LIKE 'username:%'
AND account_id = NNNNN;

And then flush the accounts cache.  The user should then be able to
set the username again.