rhino-tools-dev@googlegroups.com

[rhino-tools-dev] Should Rhino.ServiceBus.Host.exe with /Action:Deploy dispose the boot straper? Finn Nielsen Thu Apr 12 07:01:02 2012

Hi all,

We are using RSB (2.2.1) with Quartz.NET to schedule jobs throughout the
process lifetime. Quartz.NET is initialized in an override for
UnityBootStrapper.BeforeStart and disposed in the override for
UnityBootStrapper.Dispose.

We are observing that when using Rhino.ServiceBus.Host.exe with
/Action:Deploy then the process never terminates. Analysis indicate that
/Action:Deploy does not invoke Dispose for the boot strapper, meaning the
Quartz.NET scheduler is never disposed. I am assuming Quartz.NET allocates
resources (threads) which prevent graceful process termination, which again
cause the symptom that /Action:Deploy never terminates.

For now we have moved Quartz.NET initialization to the override for
UnityBootStrapper.AfterStart as it does not get invoked with
/Action:Deploy. This can however make initialization of our process
vulnerable to race conditions, which is why I would prefer to have
Quarz.NET initialization in BeforeStart.

Is it intentional that /Action:Deploy does not dispose the boot strapper?  And
if yes; why?

Thanks in advance.

Sign. FiNN