ripping@lists.slimdevices.com

Re: [SlimDevices: Ripping] "Various Artists" in Artists garym Thu Feb 09 12:01:11 2012

emalvick;689759 Wrote:
> I understand that not any AA makes a compilation.  I have AA for all my
> albums whether they need them or not because I have other software that
> in fact lets me browse strictly by AA making AA necessary.  And perhaps
> you can say that I am one of those that doesn't really intend VA to be
> representative of all my compilations.
>
> I don't think the bug is so much that we are asking for albums with AA
> = VA to be compilations as far as the database is concerned.  I think
> it is more that they be listed by their AA tag just like albums with
> any other AA tag are.  An album shouldn't get hidden just because its
> AA tag happens to coincide with the menu name for compilations.

I don't disagree with you. I was only pointing out that part of the
longstanding difficulty with all this is that *some* people (not me)
make this argument.

--
garym

*Location 1:* VB Appliance 6TB (1.10) > LMS 7.7.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VB Appliance 3TB (2.0) > LMS 7.7.1 > Touch > Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.1 > SqueezePlay
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER,
or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag