rpm-list@redhat.com

Re: File listed twice Jeffrey Sherwin Mon Sep 01 06:05:18 2008

I'd rather not post the whole thing, but ill send it to you directly or post a
redacted version. I'm afraid that the redacted version will not have all the
details you may need to see the problem.

Please advise best next steps. Thank you for the quick response.

Jeff.

----- Original Message -----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sun Aug 31 21:44:05 2008
Subject: Re: File listed twice

Jeffrey Sherwin wrote:
> warning: File listed twice: [file name]
>
> I see this repeatedly for each file (and there are many). I recognize
> this may be the result of testing my build spec over and over again, but
> how do I clear those errors out?

State isn't saved and so there isn't anything to clear out.  Building
twice shouldn't be a problem.

> Where are the files being listed twice?

In the %files section.

> These files are not listed twice in the %files list.

I believe you.  But can you post your spec file so that we can inspect
it?  If you want a second set of eyes on it then we will need to be
able to see it.  It is probably too large for the mailing list (4k
message limit) in which case posting it to one of the free pastebins
and then posting the URL to it would be best.

Bob