rpm-list@redhat.com

Re: File listed twice Mikael Fridh Wed Sep 03 02:01:12 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 06:59:24PM -0400, Jeffrey Sherwin wrote:
> I have attached the file as is. Please have a look.
>
> I understand that I am not supposed to build as root, but I am not sure
> how I create the relevant symlinks if I don't.

A symlink is just a file. Create the symlink in your %install section
and reference it in your %files section. Getting the links right
requires some careful thinking though.

%install
ln -s foo.so.1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/local/foo.so

%files
/usr/local/foo.so.1
/usr/local/foo.so

Result:
/usr/local:
foo.so -> foo.so.1

Regarding your other issues, I think if you read what we all sent you
privately earlier, you will understand that you've misunderstood rpm
completely, especially what %install means.

You're better off just writing a script, because that's what you're
using your specfile for right now.

--
Fridh