rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com

[rt-users] Create ticket with links by CLI Witts J Mr Wed Feb 29 10:00:14 2012

Hi there,

I am using the following code to create tickets on the CLI:

rt create -t ticket set subject="test cli ticket" set queue="IT Support" set
CF-Category=Request

Which is working fine; however I would also like to be able to set a link to an
article at the point of creation for this ticket too.

I had thought that perhaps I could get my script to create the ticket and
return the ticket ID so that I could then add the link as per "rt help links",
but even if I try the following after the ticket has been created I get an
error:

rt link 10965 RefersTo a:43
rt: link: Invalid ticket ID 'a:43' specified.
rt: /REST/1.0/ticket/link
Invalid ticket id: 'a:43'.
/REST/1.0/ticket/link
Invalid ticket id: 'a:43'.

So is there any way I can do this on the CLI, or am I just going to have to
manually add the link into the article through the Web GUI?

Regard

Jon

______________________________

Jon Witts
Director of ICT
South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College
01482 636720

________________________________

Confidentiality: this e-mail and its attachments may be confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or
show them to anyone. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise
the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail and any
attachments from your computer.

Security Warning: Please note that internet e-mail is not a completely secure
or error free method of communication, and information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, or could arrive late or incomplete. You should
understand and accept this lack of security when it communicating by email.

Viruses: Whilst we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that this e-mail
and any attachment has been checked for viruses, we cannot guarantee that they
are virus free and we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage you
sustain as a result of software viruses. You are advised to carry out your own
checks before any attachments are opened.

Please note that any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of South Hunsley
School and Sixth Form College and the content of their e-mail is not intended
to be contractually binding.

South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College is registered in England and Wales
with company registration number 07542211 and VAT Registration Number 109 7208
18.
--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston  March 5 & 6, 2012