ruboss-framework@googlegroups.com

[ruboss-framework] Re: BlazeDS, JRuby and server push Larry Erickson Wed Jan 07 16:01:31 2009

Hi, I am very interested in using BlaseDS from JRuby to push content
to Flex.  Does anyone know of any other tutorials on this topic
besides the flexonrails.net post from last February.
http://flexonrails.net/?p=105
I have never been able to get that one to work.

One of my models has the data updating from an external source and
will need to be constantly updated on the flex end.  I figure I could
either use the timer class that will do a
  Ruboss.models.reset(Model);
  Ruboss.models.index(Model);

every two seconds or so, or I could use BlaseDS to push the changes.
There could be between 500 - 5000 records and there will not be a lot
of changes, it is just that the user needs to know they happened
almost instantly.

Do both of these approaches sound doable?  Does one make more sense?

Thanks,

Larry