sage-devel@googlegroups.com

[sage-devel] buildslave 'hawk' will be going offline for a few hours at least. Dr. David Kirkby Mon Jun 27 22:01:45 2011

Having suffered computer damage due to lightning twice now (once a couple of years ago, more recently a couple of weeks ago), I have decided to disconnect my computer hardware from the Internet during expected lightning storms. Such a storm is expected here soon, so I will disconnect the build slave hawk for at least 8 hours.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but a couple of years ago I lost a lot of computer hardware, and more recently an ADSL modem.

I've now found our our telephone provider has disconnected the earth connection from my telegraph poll. Why I will never know, but I suspect that has contributed to the lightning damage I have suffered in the past. Hence I'm taking no chances now.

Dave