sage-devel@googlegroups.com

Re: [sage-devel] git Minh Nguyen Sun Feb 19 13:00:39 2012

Hi William,

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 6:21 AM, William Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to switch to using git to develop the core Sage library (though
> I'll still submit patches using hg for now).
> How can I do this?

To preserve the commit history under Mercurial, we need to convert
from hg to git format.  This can be done using various tools.  I've
personally used fast-export [1] before to convert a hg repository to a
git repo.  From there, we should be able to start using git for
development.  Git should be able to import patches produced by hg.
For those transitioning from hg to git, here's a brief dictionary [2]
between hg/git commands.

[1]
http://hedonismbot.wordpress.com/2008/10/16/hg-fast-export-convert-mercurial-repositories-to-git-repositories/

[2] https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Git-hg-rosetta-stone