sage-devel@googlegroups.com

Re: [sage-devel] Improving differential equation solvers David Joyner Tue Apr 03 12:00:08 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:56 PM, john.hoebing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Its probably a good time to see what we can do to improve the way sage
> handles ordinary differential equations.  I would vote against making
> improvements directly to maxima, and instead think about how we can
> implement our own de solvers, perhaps using sympy, or using regular

> Thoughts?

I agree that SymPy is superior to maxima for solving some ODEs.
Moreover, some further improvements might be coming out of this years
SymPy GSOC. In any case, I think it is a good idea to at least add
an optional parameter of using SymPy as the solver.