server-dev@james.apache.org

Plans for an early 2008 release Noel J. Bergman Tue Jan 01 00:03:51 2008

Since I expect to have time at the end of the year, I intend to branch from
the last known good release and prepare a release build with at least a few
fixes.

On my list are:

 - fixing the long standing memory leak so that I can actually
   use JAMES from JAMES again, and not a private build;
 - incorporating per-IP connection limiting -- again, so that
   I can drop my private version;
 - possibly changing the database structure to move the message
   body into a separate table;
 - looking at trunk to see if there is anything salvagable and
   simple enough to do in the timeframe.

Does anyone having any low hanging fruit to include?

        --- Noel