server-user@james.apache.org

RE: Display non-mailbox as items from finders Jentu Jain Thu Feb 16 05:00:49 2012

The users would use the "subscribe" option of the mail client to subscribe.

Regards
------------------------------------
Jentu Jain | Datacert, Inc.

Why are major companies rapidly migrating to Passport?  Find Out Here

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Charles [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:05 PM
To: James Users List
Subject: Re: Display non-mailbox as items from finders

Do you expect that the list of items to be proposed to the end user (let's say
for example via a the 'Subscribe' menu of the mail client), or will the
end-user have another tool to subscribe.

This can make some difference in your implementations, because in the first
case, the system will have to propose a list of all potential items to
subscribe to...

Thx,
Eric

On 16/02/12 13:29, Jentu Jain wrote:
> My problem having it as a mailbox is that, there can be huge volume of items
> (ranging upto ten thousands of items) coming from another application whereas
> the end user may be interested only in a few of them. So, the end-user would
> like to see only subscribed items as mailboxes and not others.
>
> Hence, my intent is to have the item as a mailbox until the user is
> subscribed to it.
>
> Right now, I'm trying to tweak the store Mailbox and subscription managers to
> create mailboxes but store them in underlying storage(using InMemory storage)
> only when the user subscribes to it. Would this be the right way to go?
>
> Regards
> Jentu Jain | Datacert, Inc.
>
> Why are major companies rapidly migrating to Passport?  Find Out Here

>>> from an application.
>>> 2) The mailbox should be created only when the user subscribes to that item.