sony_psp@yahoogroups.com

[sony_psp] Re: Is there a way to read Word or Text files on the PSP funkyhammond Sun Sep 24 16:52:13 2006

There's nothing for reading Word files, as far as I know. Although txt
files can be viewed in the browser, you won't be able to bookmark
pages. But it's better than nothing.

There's a great "homebrew" (unofficial freeware) PDF reader called
'bookr' which can also handle TXT files and it has bookmarking and
zooming. In the near future, you should be able to run this program
with a 2.X firmware PSP. Currently you can only install homebrew stuff
on a 1.0 or 1.5 OS, but that looks like it's going to change really soon:

http://portablevideo.engadget.com/2006/08/28/psp-firmwares-2-0-2-80-hacked-for-homebrew/

You'll probably want to wait a few weeks and see how things have
developed with this.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Geraldine Sosnowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> *,txt and *.html files can be veiwed on the PSP by going into the
browser,
> (you dont have to be connected to the internet of course)
> and typing in the path, preceded by
>
> file:/
> or file:// or whatever the protocol is.
>
> i ususlly save all my txt and html files in the COMMON folder.
>

> On 9/21/06, strumming4u2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is a way to read Word or Text files on the
> > PSP...         Thanks
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> --
> GTS²ブルー  http://BigBoss.is.dreaming.org/
>
> "Six bullets...More than enough to kill anything that moves !" -
Revolver
> Ocelot
>
> Cowboy Bebop Fan?
> Fan of Video Games in general?
> Please Sign this Petition to release the Cowboy Bebop game in the United
> States:
> http://www.petitiononline.com/cbnamdai/petition.html
> --

Yahoo! Groups Links